Monday, February 11, 2013

Just a Phase

This weekend I shaved off the mustache I had for more than a month. I took a good look in the mirror and realized it just wasn't helping me. It was too blonde. It wasn't ginger like my ginger beard when I grow it out. I also finally got new shoes this weekend. The ones I had before started getting holes in them, making my walks outside extra cold. And then I had my friend Brooke Anderson cut my hair for me, this time requesting for the hair stylist's opinion of what to go for rather than my own. It turned out great! So with the hair cut, shave, and new shoes I feel like a new man.

Oh no! That's all the money I had left!
Ending the mustache phase reminded me of all the other phases I've had in the past. For example, in 2011 I was in the fedora phase. Every where I'd go, even while I worked at Home Depot, I'd wear a fedora or any hat I had. I still have them all, but I just haven't worn them in a while. There was also that phase where I'd carry around a coin and roll it on my hand because I thought it was cool. I kept dropping coins though, like Sonic the Hedgehog dropping rings. Earlier this year, I was in the beard hat phase, but it's not super cold out anymore, for now anyways. I'm sure there's a phase I'm in right now too, but without knowing what the phase is. If you've noticed I'm in a new phase I'd be interested to know what that is!

There's nothing wrong with phases though. Almost everyone wants to be unique in some way, shape or form.The reason they are called phases though is that they don't last very long. Life wouldn't be as fun if you didn't change it up every once in a while. Who knows what the next phase I'll get into will be. Anywho, enjoy this old picture of me in a fedora and this new picture of me with my new haircut!

Shotguns and fedoras don't really go together.
It's so short, I found the rest of my forehead!










No comments:

Post a Comment