Friday, February 8, 2013

My Spiritual Design

A couple semesters ago Lauren Fronius invited me and a few friends from Cru to go to Taylor University on a Thursday. They had this weekly event called Living Waters. They had a band with a guy that played a ukulele and another guy that played on bongos. They had a service before and after the band played that was good, but the most interesting part of the night was after the service, where they had a few people tell visitors what their spiritual design was. I wasn't sure what that meant exactly, but Lauren told me I needed to talk to them. And so I did, and I was confused at first as to what I had to do. I asked them what I needed to tell them, and all they asked was what my first name was. Then they closed their eyes and prayed for the answers to what God's spiritual design for me was. They wrote the answers down on a piece of paper. I was amazed by the answers they gave me and how much they related to my life. It was a mind blowing experience for me that God gave them the answers just like that. To this day, I keep that sheet of paper in my Bible and it reminds me of the crazy experience I had at Living Waters.

Below are the answers those people gave me. They also wrote down Psalm 139:19 next to my name, which is weird because the verse says "If only you would slay the wicked, O God! Away from me you bloodthirsty men!" I don't know how that relates to spiritual design, maybe they wrote down the wrong chapter or verse on accident. I haven't figured that out yet. The Lego comment is one of my favorites.

Luke 
Psalms 139:19
  • When he looks at you, the word goodness comes to mind. You carry part of the Lord's goodness.
  • A desire to learn and discover and explore things, the Lord has placed this in you.
  • Visionary gifting - to imagine how big things can grow - to want to see the big picture in it's fullest.
  • Excitement and energy - you have a child like faith.
  • Sensitive heart for people.
  • Saw you as a kid sitting in your room building with Legos - saw you as a builder, of ideas and mindsets and hearts. Both physically and metaphorically. He calls you a builder.
  • He calls you a cherished one, something that is so precious. Your family also loves you and how his love is so much greater. He loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment