Thursday, February 14, 2013

To Be a Kid Again

In case you couldn't tell from multiple Facebook statuses and couples talking about it, today is Valentine's Day. It's a day centered around love. It's also a day that many single people complain about, hence the day Singles Awareness Day. Today though, I celebrate not the tradition of love on Valentine's Day, but the tradition of candy! I'm 22 going on 23 next month, so instead of getting Power Rangers or Avengers Valentines cards with candy hearts from teachers and classmates just like the old days, I bought myself a Hershey's Cookie n' Creme bar. Today I didn't want any fancy schmancy dinner date (not without seeing A Good Day to Die Hard anyways), I just wanted chocolate. Don't worry though, I won't eat too much candy. Otherwise, I could get ------------------------------------>



Candy on Valentine's Day made me think of what it'd be like to be a kid again. A lot of people wish they were kids again. Childhood had it's good times, but I still prefer being an adult. I'm taller, smarter, funnier and better looking now that I'm an adult, at least I think so anyways. Still, I don't mind acting like a kid at times. It can still be fun and hysterical. Plus, there's candy! There's a difference though between being a kid as an adult (Michael Jackson), and acting like a kid. So yeah that's what the first half of my Valentine's Day is like; acting like a kid by having nostalgia over having candy on Valentine's Day. Enjoy the rest of your day, and remember don't be afraid to act like a kid every once in a while. It can be fun. Just act like an adult when the situation calls for it.

Why yes, that is Patrick Stewart in a ball pit. You wish you were having as much fun as he was!

No comments:

Post a Comment