Friday, December 7, 2012

Burned Out, but Not Out

It's been the longest week ever for me. I've gotten 2 projects out of the way. My Sustainability in Construction Project took about 5 hours, while my Planning and Scheduling Project took most of my week, especially Wednesday and Thursday for my roommate Logan and I. On Wednesday, I was at the library from 6 PM until it closed at 3 AM, and then went back there 4 hours later when it opened back up at 7. In those 4 hours in between I stayed awake playing Super Mario 64 and watching Knight Rider to keep myself awake.

Knight Rider, starring David Hasselhoff (1982). Don't hassle the Hoff!

All in all, I was awake for 33 hours! After we turned in the project, I still went to the CMSO meeting (Construction Management Student Organization for short), especially since I'm the Treasurer. I returned home afterwards, and I took a nap for about 3 hours. I missed Christmas Cru since I slept too long. I went to back to sleep a few hours later and slept for another 10 hours! It just feels great to be done with that and to have slept again.

Now I have only 1 week left until I go back home for Winter Break! In these last 7 days, I'll be finishing up my last project for Estimating, and then studying for Finals. I'm so close to the end, I can almost taste it! And it tastes like home cooked meals that I'll be having soon. On the first weekend of break I'll be seeing the Hobbit! I probably won't have time to watch the Lord of the Rings Trilogy before hand. I'll just be finishing up with Super Mario 64. Only 7 stars left til I beat the game. The clock level took forever! I'm also done relearning all the Christmas songs I know. Still working on Carol of the Bells though. I'm looking forward to break. My hands are tired of all the typing and writing, my butt hurts from sitting around at the library, and my brain is tired of all the thinking. During break I'll be spending time at home, in Michigan, and at IndyCC, but probably just for New Years Eve.

To everyone that's finishing up the semester, don't give up! Only 1 week left, and it'll be an important one. 

How I felt staying awake for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment