Sunday, December 16, 2012

Farewell Nintendo Power


24 years after their first magazine was published, Nintendo Power has come to a close. The company, Future Publishing, has ceased publications of Nintendo Power magazines, as well as PlayStation magazines. I've been a subscriber for more than 10 years now, around the time they were covering the Nintendo GameCube and the first Game Boy Advance. After coming home from college last Friday, I received the very last Nintendo Power magazine. It came with a poster of all 285 Nintendo Power Magazines. The very last page of the magazine said "Game Over, Thank You for Reading!" The front cover was stylized to look like the very first magazine.

Nintendo Power has always been my favorite magazine to receive every month. I am after all, a die hard Nintendo fan! The reviews were helpful, they were the first to announce new games and systems coming out, and they even came with free stuff, including cards, stickers, and posters; I have a few of them hanging up in my room at college even! My mom always bought full year subscriptions for my cousin Joey every Christmas, but now she won't be able to. I'll miss getting new Nintendo Power magazines every month, but for now, I'll have to resort to GameInformer magazines, which only dedicate a few pages to Nintendo related news. Goodbye Nintendo Power!

The Very First Issue
The Last Issue (For Now?)

No comments:

Post a Comment