Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Mario: The Most Interesting Plumber in the World


The Narrator: "He saves the Princess numerous times without bringing a weapon beforehand. Any sports games he plays, he is a pro. He has competed in the Olympics more than twice against Sonic the Hedgehog. When he throws parties, he hosts them on giant game boards. He owns over 20 vehicles including go karts, motorcycles, and an airplane. Any mushroom he picks up off the ground makes him grow taller. When he dies, he comes back to life. When he's in space, he doesn't need a helmet to breathe. He is, the most interesting plumber in the world."

Mario: "I don't always do things other than plumbing, but when I do, Imma number 1 at it. Stay mustachioed my friends."

Mario Mario (That's his full name) is the renaissance man of gaming. The genre of video games for Mario include 2D and 3D platformers, racing, sports, party games, role-playing, puzzle, and fighting. He's been around since the early 80's, so he's older than me! He first appeared in arcade games such as Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong. Then he appeared on his first console game Super Mario Bros. for the NES. Ever since then, he's starred in over 100 video games, including sports games such as Tennis and Golf, Mario and Sonic at the Olympics, and all of the Super Smash Bros. games! He is Nintendo's Mascot and is popular even today.

The first Mario games I've played were Super Mario Bros. 1 and 3, back when I was a lad. Currently I'm playing Super Mario 64 on the Nintendo 64 and Mario Kart 7 on the Nintendo 3DS. I play Mario Kart 7 between classes normally. Super Mario 64 is one of my all time favorite Nintendo 64 games. The game features over 15 levels with 120 stars to collect. The boss battles are fun, especially against Bowser, where you grab him by his tail, spin him around, and throw him at a bomb. If you collect all 120 stars you'll find a secret on top of the castle. The items are great, especially the Flying Cap and Metal Cap. You can also ride a turtle shell and magic carpet. The only thing I don't like about the game is how you have to change the camera angles a lot with the C buttons. The graphics were great at the time, but nowadays some people complain about it. I love the music and enemies you fight. I get nostalgia every time I play that game!

No comments:

Post a Comment