Sunday, January 20, 2013

Busy There, Lazy Here

These past few weeks I've been busy with work and classes; mainly my capstone class. There have been days my entire capstone team and I would meet for 6 hours at the library. I've had to miss bible study and swing dancing last week for it. But lately I've used the excuse of being busy with school and work that I've been neglecting doing housework. Whenever I come home after being on campus for a while, I just want to relax on my big black circle chair (I don't know what they're called) and watch TV or play video games. Coming back from Winter Break, I'd be pretty lazy with dishes most of the time. We don't have a working dishwasher, so we just use it as a drying rack. So I'd just rinse my dishes and watch the pile of dishes get higher and higher, like Jenga. I'd be doing laundry but not fold my clothes and put them away. My room was a mess for a few weeks as well.

Today was not a lazy Sunday for me. I was on a cleaning frenzy all day. I did all my laundry and even put it away. I cleaned, organized and vacuumed my room, which is normally important to me since my room is the first thing people see when they walk into our house. I spent almost an hour cleaning all of our dishes by hand. 

So now I've come to realize that I can't be lazy with one thing and busy with another. I gotta make time for everything. Don't let being busy with work and school be an excuse to be lazy for your house, apartment, or dorm. Had I not have been lazy with my house chores I wouldn't have put in all of the time for it. Let this be a lesson to all of you.

Sophisticated Cat - I should do dishes soon

3 comments:

  1. Why don't we see this heightened level of ambition when you're at home?

    ReplyDelete