Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Sleep: A Beautiful Thing

Last night I got less than 5 hours of sleep due to being in the library with my Capstone team until about 2:20 AM and waking up for class at 9:00 AM today. One of my teammates that also had a 9:00 class actually took a nap on the floor of the library last night! So I figured this is the perfect time to write about sleep considering I'm tired and currently running on Mountain Dew. I appreciate sleep. I think it's beneficial for everyone to get enough sleep. They say we should get 8 hours of sleep every day. Pssssh, who actually follows through with that? Hardly anyone gets that much sleep on average. There are days where I sleep in for almost 10 hours and days where I get about 4 hours of sleep. As a college student it's difficult to stay consistent with how much sleep I get every day. Sometimes I'm so busy, that I have to invest my nights into my school work. Other days, I just don't want to get out of bed if there's nothing I have to do in the morning. In my post from last month, "Burned Out, but Not Out," I wrote about how I stayed awake for 33 hours for a project. I hope I never have to do that again!

Sleep is great though. On nights like last night, I just want to drop whatever it is I'm doing and sleep. Other time, I'm laying in bed and I'd rather watch TV or play a video game instead of go to sleep right away. To wake up well rested is a wonderful feeling. Waking up and feeling tired obviously isn't as great, but knowing I have a Mountain Dew ready and waiting to keep me going throughout my day helps soften the stress. I almost always forget what I dreamed of as soon as I woke up, so my life is nothing like Inception.

Tonight consists of going to work, finishing up my homework, relaxing for a little bit, and then spending the remainder of my night with my special someone........my bed! Good night everyone!

Sleeping in a bed is 10x better than sleeping in a car.

No comments:

Post a Comment