Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year, New Beginnings

2012 has come and passed, and now it is a new year. 2013 marks the end of  my college career and the beginning of my career in Construction Management. My final semester at Ball State will begin next week, in which I will be taking my final 6 classes. I'm also working with a team of students for a competition called the Green Energy Challenge, as well as still working with CMSO (Construction Management Student Organization) as the treasurer. Afterwards, I'll be in my final internship with a company that will hopefully keep me as an employee once I'm done with that. And there you have it. That's my plan for graduating and getting a job.

Academics and career path aside, I'm also excited for all the other things 2013 has to offer. Hopefully I'll be able to attend swing dancing lessons more often. I haven't been to any lessons in months! It's my last year at Cru as well and with my bible study of awesome bros. There's also Cru Formal and any other event Cru can think up for us. A lot of friends I won't get to see as often once I graduate, so I plan to make time for them. I'm going into the beginning of the year with not a lot of money to my name. I'm expecting a big tax refund soon that will get me out of the broke zone. The good news is I'll finally have a meal plan again. Oh how I've missed you Chick-fil-A and Woodworth! 

I'll admit I'm a little nervous about whats to come this year. This will be the toughest semester for me so I need to stay focused and finish strong. I'm also nervous about leaving college. It'll be weird moving back to Noblesville where I don't have as many friends as I do at Ball State. I don't know many ladies in Noblesville, either so I'm kinda nervous that I'll be single after college where I'll be busy with work. Granted, I haven't really been looking or trying too hard since I was busy the last 2 months and I don't have a lot of money to spend on dates. We'll see though, God has a plan in mind that I just don't know about yet.

All in all, I'm excited for this year and what it has in store for me. The only New Years Resolution I've made for myself is that I'm going to make the most of my last semester at Ball State University. I'll be sure to keep making new posts on my blog as well. You know, in case you want to know about my journey this year and all my thoughts I have to share along the way. Good luck to all of you this year. Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment