Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Capstone: What Keeps Me Busy

First off, I'm sorry I haven't posted anything lately. The reason being that I've been super busy with Capstone in Construction. Last week it felt like I logged in 60 hours or more of Capstone with my team. We've made brochures, posters, letters, business cards, schedules, estimates and many other submissions over the past few weeks. All of these represented the construction company that we made up called Do Right Management. Our slogan is "construction done right." I'm the Project Engineer - LEED AP for our company. In short, I'm the green building guy. That was all for the first assignment which officially ended for my team and I a few hours ago.

Last night we were at the library from 8 PM to 3 AM (yep this is the second time I've stayed til the library closed). I woke up at 9:30 and went to the library to add the finish touches with my team. We finally got our embroidered dress shirts and polo shirts back and they look awesome! We all bought different colored ties to go with the dress shirts. The final part of our first assignment was to present in front of all of the professors in the Construction Management program for about 25 minutes. We've practiced more than 7 times for this presentation and we heard that we'd be asked tough questions afterwards. But today we made a name for ourselves and our made up company. We did well at answering questions after the presentation and we were proud of ourselves. Afterwards, the team and I went to the Locker Room for beer and food, while still wearing our company shirts. I didn't eat anything except for a snickers bar before the Locker Room today, so I went to town on my cheeseburger. A fitting end for the first of 6 assignments in Capstone. Wish me luck for the rest of Capstone and I hope I'll have more free time this semester!

From Left to Right: Mitch, Evan, Chris, Bill and myself

2 comments:

  1. So glad it went well, Luke! I was praying for all of you yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mom! They didn't let us use our revised slides, so it threw us for a loop at first, but we made it work.

      Delete